The Cultural and Institutional Context of JTE - AET Team-Teaching
Date: Sunday, January 26th, 2003 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: William Matheny, AET
Since William Mathen began working as an Assistant English Teacher (AET) in 1997, he has often pondered what he perceives as the limitations of AETs as an EFL curriculum innovation. Some of the limitations are obvious, but when the AET position is examined in relation to cross-cultural phenomena and theory related to innovation, a number of additional potential weaknesses appear. Matheny will describe how team teaching appears to be flourishing in the face of a formidable array of obstacles.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Building 5, Aichi University, Toyohashi Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299