Faulty Bridges: Strengthening the Interplay Between Theory and Classroom Practice
Date: Sunday, March 16th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Marshall Childs
Applied Linguistics, the field that is supposed to bridge theory and practice, has not been a good bridge. It has offered relatively few valuable insights to guide classroom practices. The lecture will describe ways of broadening and deepening the interplay between theory and practice. The speaker, Marshall Childs, is The Daily Yomiuri's "Practical Linguist."
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sophia University (JR Yotsuya Stn), Kioizaka Building, room 104. Please ask the guard for directions when you enter the gate.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: