New Directions in Teaching English in Japan's EFL Context--from the Results of Monkasho's Action Plans
Date: Sunday, February 15th, 2004 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kensaku Yoshida
In 2002, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science,and Technology proposed a series of 'Action Plans' to revitalized and improve English education in Japan. In this presentation, Kensaku Yoshida talks about some of the results that have come out of the five research groups set up to realize the goals set in the Action Plans. He specifically refers to the results of the research group he headed, and discuss the problems and possible solutions to improve English education in Japan.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center 3rd Floor (Sakuradori line from Nagoya Station, 1 stop to Kokusai Center Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526