Teaching English with Phonics to Young Learners
Date: Sunday, August 29th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Takagi Akemi
Takagi Akemi sensei will lead a phonics workshop targeting younger and older children. This workshop will be of great benefit to all teachers wishing to integrate phonics into classes of young learners. The teaching ideas are based on instructional materials from the Matsuka Phonics Institute headed by Yoko Matsuka, the well-known children's English educator.
About the speaker: Takagi Akemi started at the Matsuka Phonics Institute (MPI) in 1989 where she is now a Seminar instructor. She is also working as an instructor of J Shine, and Naganoken Shougakusei Eigo Shidoryokukentei Kyogikai.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Matsumoto, M-Wing, Room 4-1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: