Nellie's Group, Ltd.:
Nellie's Seminar Series 2004: Seminar 1
Date: Saturday, January 17th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mark O'Neil (Cambridge University Press), Mayuka Habbick (Stellar Education), Jonah Glick (Longman ELT)
The first seminar in Nellie's Seminar Series 2004 will feature three presentations as follows:
- 13:00 - 13:50, Colorful Language tasks for young learners
Presenter: Mark O'Neil (Cambridge University Press).
Target: Teachers of children aged 6 - 10.
Content: American English Primary Colors is a new course for young learners. Written by established experts in the field, the course not only introduces children to English through fun games and activities, but also encourages children to think about the world around them. This makes language learning a meaningful and memorable cultural experience.
- 14:20 - 15:10, Happy Valentine's Day! - kamishibai (storyboards) and more!
Presenter: Mayuka Habbick (Stellar Education).
Target: Teachers of all ages.
Content: Storytelling using "kamishibai" (storyboards) is enjoyed by Japanese of all ages. Learn the true meaning of Valentine's Day with the popular character Stellar and together with your friends, experience how "kamishibai" combined with songs, chants and a storytelling CD will excite and teach your students.
- 15:40 - 16:30 As easy as ABC: a fun-filled phonics adventure!
Presenter: Jonah Glick (Longman ELT).
Target: Teachers of kids.
Content: Join a crazy cast of characters for an adventure story of sights and sounds, traveling down a river to learn the alphabet and phonics. Through songs, chants and rhythms, you will have your students moving from A through to Z!
Organization: Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Cost: free; make a reservation
Venue: Sunbridge Bldg. 1F, 1-26-6 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo (3 min. from Asakusabashi Stn. on JR Sobu Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3865-6213