Adapting Online Reading Materials
Date: Sunday, April 25th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: James Duggan
Adapting their own materials can often help teachers to better meet the needs of their classes. The Internet can be a source of relevant, up-to-date, and interesting reading material that teachers can adapt into their class lesson plans. In this presentation, websites that can provide such materials will first be introduced. Then, examples of how these reading resources were adapted into actual lessons plans will be presented.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College, 1154-4 Koyahara-machi, Maebashi, Gunma. Tel: 027-266-7575.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: