Mini-conference on Lifelong Learning: From K3 and Beyond
Date: Sunday, July 8th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Yamaoka Tamiko, Yuri Kuno, Tom Merner, Michelle Nagashima, Elin Melchior and others
- Part 1: Creative Curriculum for Children in Public Schools by Yamaoka Tamiko. The presenter will discuss curriculum development and related English activities applicable to public elementary instruction. It will be based on creative actions now underway in the Nagoya public schools for grades 3 through 6 using the NHK Eigorian method.
- Part 2: A panel will discuss ways to kick-start learning and interest in English from grades 3 through 6. Discussion will also address ways to continue the gains and interest for a lifetime. Members will include Yuri Kuno (NHK), Tom Merner, Teaching Children (TC) SIG, Michelle Nagashima (TC SIG), and others, with Elin Melchior (multiple SIGs) as moderator.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Rm 2 (Sakuradori line from Nagoya Station, 1 stop to Kokusai Center Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526