Motivating Learners of English of all Ages
Date: Sunday, March 18th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Alastair Lamond, Thomson Learning Japan
Learning a language provides special challenges for all of us, regardless of age! This presentation deals with various practical approaches to encourage active communication, thereby allowing students to learn by doing. The presenter will use examples from "Expressions" and "Go For It" by David Nunan to demonstrate the step-by-step language-building tasks that help students with the skill, confidence, and motivation to communicate more effectively.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (Sponsored by Thomson Learning)
Venue: Fukui International Activities Plaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: