Money, Politics and Education: English in South Africa
Date: Sunday, September 16th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Stefaan Steyn
Economic development and social equity are major goals for South Africa. Improved education is central to achieving these goals. Language issues are central to education, along with improving technical and scientific competence. The educational role of English in multilingual South Africa, and Africa as a whole, has been hotly debated for some years. The presenter will give an overview of the major debates, and also examine themes that are relevant to the teaching of English in Japan, as well as the international context.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Fukui International Association
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: