Introducing the Future
Date: Sunday, February 20th, 2005 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Mark O'Neil, Cambridge University Press
Session 1: Cambridge University Press and Hitachi Software have formed a joint-venture company to develop classroom lesson presentation software. The presenter will demonstrate interactive teaching software for Interchange on a state-of-the-art interactive whiteboard and show how this enhances both the teaching and the learning experience.
Session 2: Self-study materials from Cambridge.
Cambridge has recently added bilingual editions of Basic Grammar in Use and Basic Vocabulary in Use as well as a new Essential English Dictionary to its range of self-study materials. The presenter will show examples to demostrate the effectiveness of these and will also illustrate the features of Cambridge self-study materials available on CD-ROM.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center 3rd Floor (Sakuradori line from Nagoya Station, 1 stop to Kokusai Center Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526