(1) Writing from Within Intro
(2) Brain studies and teaching children
Date: Sunday, May 22nd, 2005 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly
Part 1: We all know them, the 3L students: Low ability, low confidence, low motivation. Let's discuss their needs and suggest a pedagogy for teaching writing focusing on prewriting and one-paragraph compositions.
Part 2: The presenter will discuss recent findings from brain studies that illuminate how children learn languages including the Critical Age Hypothesis, Multisensory Input, Deep Processing, Noticing, and Ahn's Bilingual Acquisition Model.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center 3rd Floor (Sakuradori line from Nagoya Station, 1 stop to Kokusai Center Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526