Two presentations: (1) Using podcasts - even without an iPod! (2) Using your iPod in the classroom
Date: Saturday, June 10th, 2006 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Bill Pellowd, Kinki University (Iizuka)
The first presentation is on podcasts, the latest online trend. After listening to some podcast audio files, the presenters show how you can use them with students (even if you don't have an iPod). In the second presentation, discover the advantages of using an iPod in the classroom. Bill Pellowe demonstrates how to integrate the iPod into your writing, reading and speaking lessons, using an iPod to show photo slideshows and videos. He'll show how you can get your iPod to do this, too.
Bill Pellowe teaches at Kinki University in Iizuka. He produces ELT Podcast with Robert Chartrand of Kurume University.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station for shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: