Putting Reading and Listening Online
Date: Saturday, July 8th, 2006 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Ken Gibson and Gordon Luster
Our students of English face a tremendous obstacle. When they leave our classrooms, it's Japan out there. They find very little access to understandable written or spoken English in their environment. Without access, they can't practice. Without practice, they can't improve. Without improvement, they give up. The answer is to provide easy, interesting, cheap, convenient access. Lots of it.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station for shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: