Portfolios as Alternative Assessment
Date: Sunday, June 18th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Suzanne Bonn, Nagoya University of Foreign Studies
This workshop and presentation will offer effective methods for integrating portfolios in the language classroom and for adapting portfolios to learners of different levels, curriculum, and content. The evolution of portfolios will be discussed: simple course file to reflective portfolio to electronic portfolio. Participants will learn how portfolios create learner engagement and self-reflection as well as provide an alternative form of assessment.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299