Students' motivation and resistance in language classrooms
Date: Sunday, June 4th, 2006 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Keiko Sakui
Language teachers know that many students show motivation and enthusiasm for learning English. But we also see some students who are not interested in what we try to teach and even show resistance in various ways. In this presentation, we will explore, from an educational-sociological perspective, what student motivation and resistance mean and how they affect teachers' classroom decisions. The presentation will adopt an interactive style in which participants can share experiences and thoughts on the topic to raise awareness and learn from each other.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: