West Tokyo JALT:
How to Apply for a JSPS Grant in Aid of Scientific Research
Date: Saturday, September 16th, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Sayoko Yamashita and Donna Tatsuki
The JALT Executive Board, West Tokyo Chapter and Tokyo Chapter are pleased to announce a half day workshop for those who plan to apply for JSPS Grants in Aid of Scientific Research (KAKENHI) in both Tokyo and Kansai during September, 2006. (JSPS is the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.)
Would you like to apply for a research grant? Come to this workshop to learn basic step by step strategies for improving your chances. Grants-in-Aid are awarded to promote creative and pioneering research across a wide spectrum of scientific fields, ranging from the humanities and social sciences to the natural sciences. Grants are awarded to projects organized by individual researchers (including part-time teachers) and research groups at Japanese universities or research institutes engaged in basic research, particularly research in critical fields related to advanced research trends. A total of 188 billion yen was awarded in 2005.
Getting there: You can find a map here. Directions: Enter from the ER Entrance of the Medical Hospital using the Ochanomizu gate [Notice the Big PARKING sign]. Follow the directions posted at the guard station at the ER Entrance. Do not go to the ISC, marked in red.
Pre-Registration: To book a seat, please send an email message to email@example.com.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Venue: Tokyo Medical and Dental University in Ochanomizu. Lecture Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: