(1) The New TOEIC test: Understanding and Overcoming the Challenges; (2) STEP BULATS: A Practical Test Suite That Makes Real Business Sense
Date: Sunday, January 21st, 2007 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Grant Trew of Oxford University Press; (2) Hirai
IMPORTANT: This is a free workshop; however, all those planning to attend are requested to pre-register with Dan Brearley.
This will be a two-part worshop about the TOEIC and STEP BULATS:
(1) This workshop focuses on helping instructors to better understand the changes to the recently revised TOEIC test. The presenter will walk participants through the changes, allowing them to see first hand the new challenges learners will face, and then look at and try some activities that can be used to develop student ability both in the long and short term. A brief overview of the format and implications of the new TOEIC: Speaking and Writing tests will also be included.
(2) This session familiarizes you with STEP BULATS, a language assessment service produced by Cambridge ESOL Examinations and distributed in Japan through STEP Inc., which evaluates the four skills of English in practical business contexts. The presentation will cover the aims of the tests, how the tests are configured, and how relevant they are to a great many corporations that conduct business in international settings. Also offered will be some tips for future test takers.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Venue: Luna International, MK bldg 2F, 1-9-16 Motomachi, Matsumoto
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: