The Otaru Onsens Case and Racial Discrimination in Japan
Date: Saturday, February 10th, 2007 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Arudou Debito
It is time to account for the degree of immigration to Japan, and how immigrants and their communities are changing the face of Japan. As many policymakers see the foreign influx as a threat to the established notions of "Japaneseness" (and are sparking the creation of "anti-crime" and "anti-terrorist" drives), Arudou Debito will discuss the need for legal protection of "foreigners" as ethnic minority, taxpayer, and even citizen.
Organization: Wakayama Chapter of JALT (Wakayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Venue: Wakayama University: bldg. G, room 202
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.