Activities for Upper Grade Kids in Elementary School English
Date: Sunday, January 28th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner
The main goal of English Activities in Elementary School is to develop the children's positive attitude to try and communicate with others. There are various efforts in trying to develop activities and lessons to realize this goal. However, it is often very difficult to design activities to draw the attention and interest from the upper grade children in elementary school. In this workshop, the presenter will introduce activities that have been designed based on topics and themes that interest such upper grade children and collected in the Junior Columbus 21 series (Mitsumura Tosho). In the latter half of the workshop, participants will be asked to work in groups and actually conduct such activities.
Tom Merner has taught English to students of various age groups in Japan for over 20 years. Currently lecturer at Reitaku University and part-time English instructor at Showa Women's University attached Showa Elementary School and Showa Junior High School. He is a member of program production committee for NHK "Super Eigorian" and "Eigorian 3". Tom is a Co-author of the Junior Columbus 21 series (Mitsumura Tosho). He also conducts teacher training for Elementary School English Activities for various cities and schools across Japan.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seminar Room 117, Ground Floor Kousha Biru, Shinyashiki opposite the Shinyashiki Tram Stop
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT