Promoting a Holistic Approach to Speaking in the Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 14th, 2007 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Simon Capper, Japanese Red Cross Hiroshima College of Nursing
Many Language learners (and teachers) have a tendency to overly focus on linguistic features at the expense of the paralinguistic and nonverbal aspects of communication. Similarly, language teaching materials often fail to acknowledge the importance of these crucial channels. This workshop will demonstrate materials and activities that raise awareness of these important features. Participants will be invited to share their own teaching and learning experiences, activities and ideas.
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Venue: Miyazaki Municipal University Rm. #310
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: