The New TOEIC Tests: Understanding the challenges, preparing for success
Date: Saturday, July 14th, 2007 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Grant Trew
The recent changes to the TOEIC have significant implications for both students and educators running test preparation courses. The first half of this workshop will walk participants through the new test format of the TOEIC (Listening and Reading) test, clarifying the main changes, and highlighting the implications for test takers and teachers. It will also present some approaches to overcoming the problems Japanese learners are likely to face.
The second part of the presentation will give an overview of tasks included on the new TOEIC: Speaking and Writing tests. The presenter will focus on the challenges these are likely to present, and the skills students will need to score well on these components.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station for shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: