Learning Pragmatics in Foreign Language Classrooms
Date: Sunday, July 15th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Gabriele Kasper
Gabriele Kasper will first outline the main approaches to teaching pragmatics in foreign language settings. Then Kasper will give examples of how students' pragmatic competence -- specifically, their ability to make requests -- can be advanced through face-to-face interaction and computer-mediated communication.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hokkai Gakuen University - Library Building International Room 6th floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: