Problems and Issues in Primary English Education in Japan
Date: Sunday, July 29th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Irina Babanova
In many countries, globalization has led to the introduction of foreign language learning by young children. In Japan, the teaching of English in elementary schools was implemented in 2002. I will talk about the main problems in early foreign language education here. Participants will be encouraged to discuss such issues as: who should teach; primary-secondary continuation; staging of skills and the relationship between oral/aural and written aspects of the language; motivation and the number of languages children could learn.
Organization: Chiba Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Chiba JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: SATY Bunka Hall, Room 1 (4th Floor), 1 min. walk from Inage Station east exit on JR Sobu Line. map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.