Six Reasons For Communication Problems Between Japanese and English Speakers
Date: Saturday, December 8th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Steve Ryan
English and Japanese speakers can hear the same sentence, yet have a completely different interpretation of the words uttered. This presentation will give six intercultural reasons for misunderstandings between English (mainly the US) and Japanese speakers. Examples and discussion from the audience are welcome.
Organization: Yamagata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yamagata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 800 yen
Venue: Yamagata Kajo Kominkan Sogo Gakushu Center, Shironishi-machi 2-chome, 2-15, Tel. 0236-45-6163
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yamagata JALT
Phone (home): 0238-85-2468
Email QR Code: