Lessons We Have Learned From Immersion: Looking Back and Looking Ahead
Date: Sunday, December 2nd, 2007 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Mike Bostwick
The popular media continues to perpetuate misconceptions about the introduction of English education for children before junior high school. In this presentation, Dr. Mike Bostwick hopes to directly address several of the most prevalent misconceptions and in so doing, also provide an overview of our English immersion program at Katoh Gakuen. He then offers a new model or "vision" of English language education in Japan for the future.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: The Open University of Japan, Fukui Campus, AOSSA 7th Floor, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: