Teaching Phonetics for Multiple Purposes - One Approach
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Joe Tomei, Kumamoto Gakuen University
The large number of phonetic texts available suggests that there is no real consensus about what a phonetics class should teach. In this presentation, Tomei will present the outline of his own phonetics course that addresses multiple needs in the university curriculum, needs which are often unaddressed, and include encouraging a familiarity with IPA and English dialects, coping with aspects of what a university course might be like in the West, and encouraging further interest and research. He hopes to show how a course that focusses on these multiple aspects can function in a university curriculum and some of the potential pitfalls it may face.
Organization: Ibaraki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Ibaraki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tsukuba Gakuin Universtiy, Tsukuba (formerly Tokyo Kasei Gakuin Tsukuba Women's University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Ibaraki JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0298-58-9523
Email QR Code: