Stimulus Based Teaching
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Tessa Woodward
Stimulus based teaching is a generative framework which can be applied to any learning/teaching stimulus be it a verb list, a potato, a coursebook or a photo and which saves planning time and gets the most out of any material. In this workshop, Woodward will explain and show the five categories of moves contained in the approach and we will have a chance to try out the framework and discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
This event is part of the Four Corners Tours 2001, which are opportunities for JALT National Conference speakers to visit local JALT chapters throughout the country. (Find more talks by Tessa Woodward.)
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (students 500 yen)
Venue: Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in Niigata
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: