English Teaching Development in Vietnam
Date: Saturday, November 17th, 2001 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Nguyen thi Hoai An, a featured speaker at JALT 2001
Nguyen thi Hoai An will talk about the dramatic changes that English teaching has made in Vietnam. While relying totally on textbooks provided by the Ministry of Education in the 1970s, English teachers and learners in Vietnam are now enjoying a much wider variety of resources. There are signs that English teaching has been impressively enhanced, although teaching and testing methodologies and facilities still need to be improved. Nguyen thi Hoai An will relate personal and professional experiences to her developing understanding of learner autonomy, and encourage participants to make similar connections. About the speaker: Nguyen thi Hoai An has worked with University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), first as an Oral Examiner, then as a Consultant and Regional Team Leader (Speaking Tests). She is a featured speaker at the PAC3/JALT2001 Conference.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Abeno YMCA, near Tennoji Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: