Personal and Public Writing
Date: Sunday, December 2nd, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Michael Carroll, Momoyama University
The idea of 'finding your voice as a writer' has obvious relevance to high-level learners but some may be skeptical about whether it has any meaning in relation to other learners. Michael Carroll of Momoyama University will show that coming to feel a sense of ownership over words and structures of a language is a crucial part of being able to use that language at any level. This sense of ownership is not separate from, but inextricably tied to an understanding of concrete grammatical features.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Abeno YMCA, near Tennoji Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: