Student Beliefs About Language Learning
Date: Saturday, February 2nd, 2002 Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Burden
This presentation reports on a questionnaire survey given to 1,057 university students about beliefs on the difficulty and the nature of language learning, as well as expectations. Despite many years of English instruction, learners often saw themselves as beginners, and the implications of the study were that lack of confidence leads to sense of failure in English.
Note: This presentation comes after a first presentation (topic: Appropriate Textbooks).
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 500 yen (cost includes both events this evening)
Venue: Sankaku Bldg. 2F. Details: phone Gavin on 086-222-2043
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: