Tunes and Tales in the Classroom (Using stories and songs in language lessons)
Date: Sunday, May 26th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Brad Deacon and Brian Cullen
Two presenters share activities that will add interest to your language lessons:
- Brad Deacon will introduce split story telling in which a story is begun and then stopped at a highly interesting transition point, creating a state of suspense. Examples, rationale, and a variety of activities will be demonstrated and experienced.
- Brian Cullen will share different ways in which motivation can be most effectively directed into language learning activities with songs. A range of song types will be demonstrated. Participants are encouraged to share opinions, sing, and possibly dance!
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, lecture room # 2, 3rd Fl.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526