Adapted Activities for EFL and Culture Classes
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Marilyn Books
Activities are widely used in EFL classes as they encourage cooperation, performance, and real communication in all levels of classes from high school to university. They have spread from English as a Foreign Language (EFL) classes to content-based such as Intercultural Communication (ICC) classes where they can be used to introduce, reinforce, or brainstorm concepts and terms. Original adaptations of old favorites, for use in both EFL and intercultural communication classes, will be used. For example, Bingo will introduce vocabulary (for either EFL or ICC lessons), and Tic Tac Toe will reinforce irregular verbs (EFL classes) or cultural theory (for ICC classes). The handout will be ready for use in your next class.
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Okinawa Christian Junior College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304