Textbooks: Who needs them?
Date: Sunday, April 21st, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Simon Tanton
Part one of today's presentation looks at language textbook selection for elementary school-age classes in the language school. Part two illustrates a basic lesson plan that is easily accessible to the new teacher in Japan, plus 5 or 6 supplementary games and activities for groups in the EFL classroom.
About the speaker:
Simon Tanton has been teaching English in Japan for 16 years. At present he is teaching at all of the junior high schools and elementary schools in Shinshiro and at Aichi Kyoiku Daigaku Fuzoku Junior High School. In the afternoons he runs a successful language school in Toyokawa with his two partners.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free for this meeting
Venue: Building 5, Aichi University, Toyohashi Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299