Global Stories: Voices from the Invisible World
Date: Saturday, April 27th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: John Small, Kumamoto Gakuen University
Textbooks present a sterilized view of the world. Why not provide students with information about street children in Brazil, factory slaves in Pakistan, or child prostitutes in Thailand? The presenter will argue that this world should not remain invisible, that it is profoundly connected to our world of material comfort, and that students respond positively to these topics. Four skills teaching materials for the conversation classroom from a non-profit, self-published text will be presented.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kotsu Sangyou Center, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, 4F, Volunteer Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: