NPO Teaching English Methods Institute:
TEMI 1at carat seminar
Date: Sunday, June 14th, 2015 Time: 9:45 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Helene Jarmol Uchida
- Little America Video Tour
- TEMI Principles
- Preschool Basics/One Step at a Time
- Preschool Video
- Preschool Games/Materials
- The English Zone
- A Classroom is a Home
- Entering the Classroom
- Manageable Challenges
- Observation of Little America Class
- The Four F's
- The Art of Taking Attendance
- The Four R's
- Leaving the Classroom
- Why Children Are Quick to Learn
- Teacher Presence
- Rules 1
- 2 Teaching Tips
- Each Activity is an Event
- Good Manners Count
- Games & Materials
- TPR via Dr. James Asher
- Daily Yomiuri and Recommendations
Helene Jarmol Uchida: With a B.A. and M.A. in English, Uchida is the founder of TEMI and Director of Little America English Schools and is a lecturer at Fukuoka Womenfs University. She writes the "Primary Advice" column for The Japan News ( formerly The Daily Yomiuri) and is the author of The Challenge Book Series, My High School Writing Journal and My University Writing Journal. Uchida believes that English education in Japan should be more experiential.
Organization: NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Cost: 10,500 yen (included TEMI certificate and Reference Booklet)
Venue: Osaka Dawn Center, 5th floor, Seminar Room 2 1-3-49 Otemae, Chuo-ku, Osaka City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 092-521-8826