First ETJ Yokohama meeting: Introduction and two talks
Date: Sunday, April 21st, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Mark Neely, Daniel Woods
This first meeting will include two short talks and a handfull of teaching ideas, as well as the introduction of some useful books/materials. Mark Neely will give a demonstation on classroom activities and talk about Teaching with a Purpose. Daniel Woods will give a talk entitled English in the Public Elementary - Present and Future. Since this is ETJ's first Yokohama meeting, ETJ hopes to also spend a bit of time discussing future meetings, for those interested in helping out. ETJ wants to create meetings which will provide exchanges, contacts and teacher development, so please consider helping. Everyone is welcome to attend and encouraged to participate.
Directions: Leave Kannai Station by the South Exit, pass through the ticket gate and exit the station to your right. Cross the road and turn right. You will see Odori Koen a few meters ahead. Walk along this park for about two blocks and you will find the GinoBunka Kaikan on your left. If lost, or in need of clearer instructions (in Japanese) call the Kaikan at (045) 681-6551.
Organization: ETJ Yokohama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Yokohama)
Cost: free (but 100 yen or so may be collected to cover room expenses)
Venue: Kyoru Shitsu (5th Fl.) of GinoBunka KaiKan ( 3 min. from Kannai Sta., Yokohama)
Location: Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Yokohama
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 045-671-3588