Date: Sunday, July 14th, 2002 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mr. Kinley, Installation Business Management Officer at the Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, and Advanced Toastmaster
Toastmasters(TM) is a worldwide organization which aims to improve public speaking skills. This presentation at the chapter meeting will be specifically geared toward the needs of active JALT members--organizing and presenting ideas logically and convincingly when giving presentations at language conferences. Mr. Kinley will show us how to become comfortable with public speaking. The participants are encouraged(but not required) to prepare a 3-4 minute academic talk. If you plan to give such a talk, please notify Takami Takeuchi or Joe Lauer about the title of the talk by July 9th.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: International Conference Center 3F, Seminar Room #3, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: