Re-igniting the Motivational Fire: Tapping Hidden Potential via the Enhancement of Value Perception in ELT
Date: Sunday, September 22nd, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Paul Doyon
Do you have difficult, unmotivated students? Are you at a loss as to what to do with them? If so, then this presentation/workshop is for you. Ways that students form self-defeating beliefs will be discussed, along with ways to enhance the perceived value in the course or activity. We will consider what is needed in order to re-ignite the motivational fire and shift student beliefs and perceptions. Anecdotes will be framed using the Kolb/Lewinian Experiential Learning Cycle, thus providing teachers with a means to investigate their own classrooms.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (for both or only one of today's two presentations)
Venue: Nagoya International Center, lecture room # 2, 3rd Fl.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526