The Historical and Future Directions of English in the Japanese Educational System
Date: Sunday, July 7th, 2002 Time: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mr. Takenada (Elementary School Principal)
Takenada Sensei started teaching English and mathematics over 35 years ago. He was quickly promoted to Supervisor (shidoshugi) in Onomichi city and was responsible for 169 schools and over 2000 teachers. During his tenure he helped with the inauguration of ALT's in Japan. He then was selected to be a vice principal in Venezuela, South America for three years at a (Mubusho) Japanese School. On returning to Japan he became vice principal of a junior high school. He now enjoys his position as a principal of an elementary school in Takehara and is a highly informed, excellent speaker of English.
Organization: ETJ Hiroshima (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Hiroshima)
Venue: David English House, Polesta Building 3rd Floor, Naka-machi 7-5
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Hiroshima
Email QR Code: