Teaching College English Through TV Commercials
Date: Sunday, September 22nd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Fujita Tomoko and Karen McGee
The presenters will demonstrate methods used in a college-level English course for art majors, in which students analyze TV commercials in English and as a final project, create their own commercial. Participants will engage in various task-based activities and view several original student-created commercials from the presenters' classes. In addition, suggestions for methods of creating TV commercials will be explained.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 200 yen, newcomers free
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: