This is a place I put together about three years ago, when I was starting to learn PHP. Some links to things are below, starting with most recent first.
If you're learning PHP, the best thing for you to do is to get an internet server account. I started learning it with PHP installed on my Windows computer, but you soon hit some walls on what you can actually do, and noone can visit it anyway, can they. The hosting service I use is
LinkSky, $4.95 a month and you get PHP, MySQL and a lot more. I haven't had any complaints with any one of the sites I host with them.
PHP & MySQL Stuff
- The Illiterator transforms English into error-ridden text. It's actually a game where you get points for inducing errors, so the more you know about common errors in English, the higher you'll score.
- i-fubar.com for more PHP scripts, including poetry generators and advertisement rotation scripts.
- Date values in PHP & MySQL, a reference table for working with date and time in PHP and MySQL.
- Convert Western years into Japanese years.
- ELT Events Calendar is an expanded version of the one below.
- JALT switched to a CMS, so now my national events calendar for a teaching organization is their archive of events from 2001 to 2008. It's all generated by a PHP script that pulls the event information from a MySQL database.
- Mileage Conversion Tool, miles per gallon (US) to kilometers per liter, and vice versa. See & copy the script here. It's an early effort; I've redone it here (not my site anymore) but the one you can copy still works.
- Convert (kg and lb, degrees F and C, tall beers and regular beers, etc.) Created March 2002. You can see & copy the script here.
- Simple calculator, closely based on the one in Meloni's book.