Pragmatic Tasks With a Purpose
Date: Sunday, April 22nd, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Robert W. Long III, Kyushu Institute of Technology
DiPietro's strategic interactions have been used successfully in an ESL context, but it can be difficult for some EFL teachers to implement this approach. The presenter will introduce five kinds of pragmatic tasks for use at the novice through advanced levels, based on language tied to context, emotion, purpose, and identity. Participants will then engage in a variety of real-life simulations based on these tasks.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA 4F LETS (between JR Sannomiya and JR Shin-Kobe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: