Phonology and Language Teaching
Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2003 Time: 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Speaker: Kenneth G. Schaefer, Temple University Japan
This presentation will be in two parts. Part one will focus on historical sound changes and how this gave rise to some of the well-known varieties of English. Part two will focus on suprasegmentals and intonation in American English. Schaefer will discuss the use of suprasegmentals to:
- define discourse structures,
- provide information focus,
- express emotion,
- define thought groups, and
- mark grammatical distinctions.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Venue: Fukuoka Jo Gakuin Tenjin Satellite Campus (9F), Tenjin 2-8-38, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: