Testing Spoken English
Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2003 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Woody Hodgson
Woody Hodgson will explain the research and methodology behind a completely automated test of spoken English, as well as giving a demonstration. Introduced by Japan Language Systems, the PhonePass® system measures spoken language skills accurately and reliably for academic institutions, corporations, and governments the opportunity to test language skills -- anytime, anywhere, in a matter of minutes. The patented system is the result of years of research in speech recognition and drives the various versions of Ordinate's Spoken English Tests (SET ), which are delivered over the phone and scored automatically by computer.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: