I've Got a Problem
Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2003 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: John Fanselow
While most would agree that memorizing words and patterns is necessary for language learning, other mental activities are necessary as well. Most of the tasks in textbooks, however, tend to emphasize activities or tasks that require memory alone. The purpose of this workshop is to experience ways to decrease the number of times students say "Sorry, I can't remember." Said another way, if you participate in the workshop, you will learn ways to alter activities in textbooks that require only memorization so learners have opportunities to process language and use problem-solving skills as well. I hope that in addition, participants will see that the common expression "I've got a problem." has the potential for being a positive statement rather than a negative statement. If we do not have problems to seek solutions to, learning can be hindered.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Iwate International Association, Morioka
Location: Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: