New Directions in the Teaching of English
Date: Friday, November 28th, 2003 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Jack C Richards, Regional Language Center, Singapore/ Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
This presentation by Jack C. Richards (part of the 2003 JALT Conference's Four Corners tour) examines changes that have taken place in language teaching practice over the last 30 years, and focuses on the following questions: (1) What are some of the key questions we have been concerned about in language teaching? (2) What did and do we believe and understand about these issues? To explore these questions, professional journals in language teaching for the years were reviewed and issues that were most frequently written about during the periods were examined.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe/078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: