TEFL in Asia: Emerging Issues (day 1 of 3)
Date: Friday, November 7th, 2003 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Bernard Spolsky, Neil Anderson, Keith Johnson, Sandra McKay, Michael Levy, Amy Tsui, more.
The Asian Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (Asia TEFL) is to serve as a forum that brings together ELT professionals in the Asia region to collect, disseminate, and discuss information on English language teaching and learning in the Asian context with the objective of promoting scholarship which will lead to improvements in the way English is both learned and taught. We aim to do this through our first annual conference, to be held in Busan, South Korea. (Note: Busan is what some readers may know as Pusan.)
The Asia TEFL International Conference Committee invites presentation proposals. The submission deadline is August 14, 2003. The official language for the conference, including presentations and submissions, is English.
- Bernard Spolsky / Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
- Neil Anderson / Brigham Young Univ., USA; Imm. Past President, TESOL.
- Keith Johnson / University of Lancaster, UK.
- Sandra Lee McKay / San Francisco State Univ., USA.
- Michael Levy / Griffith University, Australia.
- Amy Tsui / University of Hong Kong, HK.
- Oryang Kwon / Seoul Natl. University, S. Korea.
- Yoji Tanabe / Pres. of JACET, Japan.
- Zhizhong Yang / Pres. of CETRAC, China.
- Winnie Cheng / Polytechnic Univ. of Hong Kong, HK.
- Phyllis Ghim-Lian Chew / Pres. of ELLTAS, Singapore.
- Malachi Edwin Vethamani / Pres. of MELTA, Malaysia.
- Christine Coombe / Imm. Past Pres. of TESOL Arabia, UAE.
- Mashael A. Al-Hamly / Kuwait University, Kuwait.
- Suchada Nimmannit / Imm. Past Pres. of ThaiTESOL, Thailand.
- Isabel Pefianco Martin / Ateneo de Manila Univ., Philippines.
- Bahram Behin / Azarbaijan Teacher Ed. Univ., Iran.
- Ravinder Gargesh / University of Delhi, India.
- Suwarsih Madya / Pres. of TEFLIN, Indonesia.
- Tsung-Yuan Hsiao / Natl. Taiwan Ocean Univ.,Taiwan.
- Le Van Canh / Hanoi Natl. University, Viet Nam.
- Won-Key Lee / Seoul Natl. University of Ed., S. Korea.
- & more...
Organization: The Asian Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (Asia TEFL)
Cost: Asia TEFL Members: Pre-registration free to members. (Membership free before Oct. 7.)
Non-members: On-site registration: 25,000 won (US$20.00)
Venue: Hotel Nongshim
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Asia TEFL
Email QR Code: