Understanding Context and Language: a Workshop
Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: John McAndrew and Paula McAndrew, Siebold University of Nagasaki
How important is context in understanding what language means and how can it be adequately described so as to make it relevant to student needs? This workshop investigates these questions and presents a framework for understanding the language-context relationship. Its aims are to assist the teacher in enabling students to see something of the bigger picture of how language works. Participants will work through material that can also be used in the classroom. Note that the venue this month is different; more information and directions will be available prior to the meeting date in Nagasaki's free email newsletter. Contact Nagasaki JALT to subscribe. Our July 7th meeting will begin at 2 PM at Nagasaki Shimin Kaikan, and will be a discussion on Team Teaching and ALTs led by Karen Masatsugu of Kwassui Women's College. Following the meeting, we will have a small party at Dejima Wharf boardwalk. If you would like to join, please contact Chris Clancy by June 23rd: (t/f) (home) : 0959-42-3803; (t) (work): 0959-54-1155 and e-mail:email@example.com
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Siebold University of Nagasaki, 1-1-1 Manabino, Nagayo cho, Higashi Sonogi gun, Nagasaki Pref 851-2130
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: