CALL SIG of JALT:
9th Annual Conference of the JALT CALL SIG: Human Issues in Computer Assisted Language Learning (HCI/CALL) (day 1 of 2)
Date: Saturday, June 5th, 2004 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Various speakers
Day 1 of the 9th Annual Conference of the JALT CALL SIG. Pre-registration (deadline 5/5 Golden Week) includes access to a Friday Workshop (subject to availability), a free Saturday Evening Network Reception ticket, along with access to conference presentations, workshops, poster exhibition, JALT SIG information desks, commercial displays and presentations, etc.
The conference provides a forum for teachers, technicians, providers, researchers and administrators who have an interest in Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL). JALTCALL 2004 seeks to promote the exchange of research findings and innovations, and to offer opportunities to discuss the challenges and potential solutions leading to more effective use of computer assisted language learning. The theme for this year's conference is Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or, more simply, 'human issues' (social, physical or psychological) for CALL learners and the CALL environment.
Saturday finishes nicely with an Evening Network Reception (The Saturday Night Social!), which is a chance to network informally with conference presenters and conference-goers. Enjoy food, beverages and an atmosphere of warm collegiality. Network reception tickets include a free drink and there will also be a bar available throughout the evening. The cost for this evening social is 3000 yen (for those who have not preregistered by the 5/5 deadline).
Organization: Computer-Assisted Language Learning Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (CALL SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 8,000 yen for both days (excluding the dinner) This discount applies to JALT, LET and JACET members.
Non-members: 9,000 yen for two days
Venue: Building R, Tokiwa University, College of Applied International Studies, Miwa 1-430-1, Mito-shi, Ibaraki-ken, 310-8585 Japan
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CALL SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: