Know What I Mean? Explaining word meanings in the EFL classroom
Date: Sunday, April 18th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Eddy White
Eddy White examines why explaining meaning can be problematic for teachers and confusing for learners. White offers some guidelines for teachers, and discuss dictionary usage for L1 students decoding L2 lexicon.
Organization: Chiba Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Chiba JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Bunka Hall at SATY (4th Floor, room 2), 1 min. walk from Inage Station east exit on JR Sobu Line.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.